Last Updated: 8/29/2011
2. A NOTE TO USERS OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES. Your Personal Data may be processed in the country in which it was collected and in other countries, including the United States,where laws regarding processing of Personal Data may be less stringent than the laws in your country.
3.TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT. Striiv collects Personal Data and Anonymous Data from
you when you visit our website, when you send us information or communications, when you order products (“Products”) on our website and/or when you use the Services. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you to the extent such information is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below:
3.1 Personal Data You Provide to Us. We collect Personal Data from you as set forth below:
- When you create an account to log in to the Services or sign up to our mailing lists and product alerts, we collect Personal Data such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and zipcode.
- When you connect the Striiv device to (or synchronize the Striiv device with) the Services, we collect certain usage and activity-based data, including your step counts and estimated stair counts, as recorded by the sensors in the Striiv device.
- When you order Products on our website, we collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card or payment account information, billing information and shipping information.
- We also retain information on your behalf, such as your step counts, estimated stair counts and profile information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us.
- We may collect and use your Personal Data to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- When you post messages on message boards we may offer on our website, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
- We collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us when you use our Services, such as your age, height and weight, some of which is required to be able to use our device and services.
- We may also collect Personal Data, such as demographic information, from you on our website and in surveys.
3.3 Personal Data That We Collect from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to use the Services, we will collect such third party’s name and e-mail address so that we may send such third party an invitation to use the Services and other information about the Services. If you decide to use our Services with social networking platforms, we may collect information about your interactions with people with whom you associate through those platforms.
3.4 Personal and/or Anonymous Data Collected by Third Parties.We may receive Personal Data and/or Anonymous Data about you from other sources like telephone or fax, or from third-party companies that offer their products and/or services on our website (“Third Party Companies”). We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you to improve the Services and to better understand and communicate with you about additional products and services that may interest you. If you decide to use our Services with social networking platforms, we may collect information about you made available through those platforms.
4. USE OF YOUR DATA.
4.1 General Use. Striiv uses your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to provide you with the Services;
- to personalize and better tailor the features, performance and support of the Services for your use;
- to send you administrative notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- to respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to send you newsletters, surveys, offers or other information;
- to provide you with opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest to you;
- to improve the quality of the website and the Services;
- to analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and user interactions with the Services;
- to conduct market research, planning, troubleshooting, and problem-solving;
- to detect and protect against error, fraud, or other criminal activity; and
- to solicit your feedback.
4.2 Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable. We use this Anonymous Data for a variety of purposes, including to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may improve our Services, improve site navigation and conduct market research. Striiv reserves the right, in its discretion, to disclose Anonymous Data to Third Party Companies for their own business purposes.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
5.2 Forums, Message Boards and Chats. We may make message boards, chat rooms, and other interactive forums available on the Services. You should be aware that any information that you post to these interactive forums, or that you otherwise choose to make publicly available (including any Personal Data), may be disclosed and available to all users who have access to that portion of the Services, and is, therefore, no longer private. By using these interactive forums, you agree that we are not responsible for any information that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosures you make are at your own risk. Please be thoughtful about what you post and make publicly available through the Services.
5.3 Other Disclosures. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your Personal Data (as described below), Striiv may disclose Personal Data if it believes that such disclosure is necessary to (a) comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Striiv; or (b) protect or defend the rights or property of Striiv or users of the Products or Services.
6. THIRD PARTIES.
6.2 Disclosure to Third Party Service Providers. Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not sell, trade, share, or rent the Personal Data collected from our Services to other entities. However, we may share your Personal Data with our third party service providers who may use the Personal Data to provide services on behalf of Striiv. Those services may include providing you with the Products and Services that we offer you through our website; facilitating creation of accounts; and providing technical support. You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with our contractors and other service providers for the sole purpose of providing the Services to you.
7. YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
7.1 Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your
7.2 Changes to Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your
account by editing your profile on the Services or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
8. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA. Striiv is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that Striiv cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Data, that mistakes may happen, and that security cannot be ultimately guaranteed.
ATTN: Customer Care
2400 Broadway, Suite 220
Redwood City, CA 94063