Device won’t connect with app +
If you are having problems connecting your HI-TEC ACTV device to your app, please try the following:
- Your Wi-Fi or your Smartphone’s data is switched on
- Your Bluetooth is also switched on
- With your device plugged in and charging, try to connect to the application.
- Force quit on the HI-TEC ACTV app from your phone.
- Turn Bluetooth off and then back on, yes this does work sometimes!
- Restart your phone and try again.
How do I set up my device to receive notifications? +
After you pair your HI-TEC ACTV device, tap on the device tile on the home screen to access the notifications options – not available on the HI-TEC ACTV Lite.
How do I track my sleep? +
To put your device in sleep mode there are two options:
From the HI-TEC ACTV app:
- Sync with the app, then switch on the sleep mode from the bar at the top of the screen.
- Once you wake up, sync your device again (with a double-tap) and turn the switch off from the bar at the top of the screen.
From your HI-TEC ACTV device:
- Swipe to the ‘apps’ screen, tap on the moon icon. You will see this screen:
- Tap on the check mark to start sleep mode.
- When you want to turn sleep mode off, double-tap the screen and you will see a sleep timer.
- Swipe the screen to see:
- Tap on the icon to exit sleep.
Did you forget to turn sleep mode off? Well that’s silly, but understandable, it is the morning after all. That’s why we programmed your device to automatically exit sleep mode once you walk more than 200 steps. You’re welcome!
Where can I find more information? +
Trouble closing the clasp? +
Sometimes there can be a lot of friction between the clasp and the wristband the first few times you use it. Don’t reach for the vice grips though- reach for a glass of water!
Wait, what? …Yup it’s true!
Just a little dip in water, and the friction disappears! Allowing you to close the with ease.
Device won't turn on +
Your HI-TEC ACTV device responds to several different finger motions.
- Double-tap the screen to turn your device on (having trouble? Try tapping the side of the screen until you get used to it. Still having trouble? Hold your wrist still for 5 seconds before trying again)
- Connect the HI-TEK ACTV wearable to the cradle and make sure you’re fully charged.
How to navigate device touch screen +
Your device responds to touch.
- Double-tap the screen to turn your device on.
- Swipe the screen to scroll through different screens. You can swipe in both directions.
- Tap to select.
Battery troubles +
Battery life varies greatly depending on your usage. But if you feel your battery isn’t lasting as long as it usually does, we recommend the following:
- Let your battery drain completely- this means the screen wont turn on at all, and when you plug it in to charge, you will see the HI-TEC logo, followed by a 1% battery charge indicator.
- Plug your device in to charge.
- Charge to 100% (approximately 90 minutes).
- Make a note of when you remove the device from the charger, and go about your merry way until your device dies completely once more (this means the screen wont turn on at all, and when you plug it into charge, you will see the HI-TEC logo, followed by a 1% battery charge indicator)
How long did it last? If less than 2 days, please send us an email at email@example.com
How do I size? +
Your ACTV wearable device is one size fits all, but if you wish to trim off the excess, you can do so with a sharp pair of scissors.
We recommend cutting off one section at a time though- once you cut your band you can’t make it any longer! And please, take the band off before you make any cut.
How do I set my goals? +
To change your goals:
- From the HI-TEC ACTV app home screen tap on the ‘Menu’.
- Tap on ‘Goals’.
- Tap on the number you wish to change.
- Enter the new value, then press ‘Done’
Heart rates & your device +
The HI-TEC ACTV Plus, with heart rate monitoring capability, can measure both your active and resting heart rates.
Active heart rate measurements can be taken manually by navigating to the heart icon on the device itself. Follow the on-screen instructions to view your current, active heart rate.
Resting heart rate values are taken passively throughout the day by the device – you don’t have to do anything to measure this. The heart tile displayed on the app homescreen (on your mobile device) shows your resting heart rate.
Note: Resting heart rates are calculated from measurements taken the previous day, so your resting heart rate for today will be available tomorrow.
How do I contact customer support? +
You can find additional information and assistance at www.hi-tec.com/wearables
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When you email please be sure to include:
- Your app version
- Which device you are using
- Which phone you have
- Operating system on your phone